Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Air Poetry - It's All Around You





For several months I have been writing down little gems uttered in the conversations around me, in my notebook. Recently, I began sharing the idea with my friends who all loved it. My friend, Jody, even gave it a name: Air Poetry.

I immediately bought the domain airpoetry.com and have now pushed a new little paper boat out into the stream.


Still in its experimentation phase, I have been taking my notebook with me, jotting down the gold nuggets strewn across the sky that leap from the mouths of friends and strangers. Many of these notes turn into complete little air poems. Some are hilarious. Some are surprising. Some are very terse, taking up even less space than Haiku.

My friend, Connie, enjoyed the idea and wrote this at my birthday party:



Did you make it?
Eaten alive.
It's yummy.
How in the hell do you walk in those?
Fabulous.
You should write that down.
Tape worm from South America.
What about that?
I love food.


Pretty quirky, isn't it? My friend, Judy, loved the idea so much, she designed the Air Poetry logo.

I encourage you to try it. Go ahead, become that "fly on the wall" at the next party you attend. What's fun is first creating the air poetry, and then sharing your nugget(s) with your friends. I guarantee, you will be the star of the show.

If you create a masterpiece that you'd like to share with the world, leave it in a comment here or at the Air Poetry site, or the Facebook Air Poetry site and I'll post it (providing it's not full of obscenities, of course.)







Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Kiril The Mad Macedonian said...

Gave it a try, on the bus, a few days ago. ;-D

Am going to share on my blog, tonite, and add your Air Poetry site to my blogroll of writing sites. ;-D